What’s happening? You must have seen this when you attempted to create a Twitter account.
Jack Dorsey, Biz Stone, Evan Williams, and Noah Glass founded Twitter on March 21, 2006, as a microblogging and social networking website.
It’s the place to go for breaking news, real-time updates, and global trending topics on social media.
In recent years, Twitter has grown, adding new features such as voice tweets, Twitter spaces, and Twitter Blue, a premium version of the social media platform that provides you access to exclusive features for $2.99 per month.
Marketers increasingly consider Twitter to be an important element of their digital marketing channels due to sophisticated features that drive more content creation and engagement on the network.
Here are 15 key Twitter statistics 2022 you must know
- Number of Twitter users worldwide.
According to the Twitter Metric and Financial report Quater 4 202, Twitter has 217million monetizable daily active users.
- The country with the highest number of Twitter users
Another report by Statista shows that the United States has the highest number of Twitter users globally with 76.9 million users, followed by Japan, India, Brazil, Indonesia, and United Kingdom, respectively.
Find more statistics at Statista
3. Number of tweets per day
Approximately 500 million tweets are made each day and 350,000 per minute. Twitter posts have a life span of 15 minutes, which means to grow fast on the platform you need to make several tweets per day, at least 4.
The maximum daily tweet limit for each user is 2400 tweets per day.
4. Twitter is among the top 10 most visited websites worldwide with 2.43 billion visits by November 2021.
5. Twitter generated more than 4.5 billion US dollars in advertising service revenues in 2021, up from 3.2billion US dollars in 2020.
6. 38.5% of Twitter users are aged between 24-34
38.5% of users are between the ages of 24 and 34
20.7% of users are between the ages of 35 and 49
17.1% of users are between the ages of 18 and 24 and those above 50 years of age.
6.6% of users are between the ages of 13 and 17
7. 52% of all tweets made over the past year were from Gen Z. Gen Z refers to people born between 1997 and 2012.
8. 70.4% of Twitter users are male and 29.6% are female.
9. Twitter is the 5th most used platform by marketers worldwide.
This is no surprise since Twitter took the number one spot as the best platform for brand interaction according to a Bovitz, Conversation as a Superpower Study, commissioned by Twitter, 2021, US. Source.
10. Barack Obama @BarackObama is the most followed person on Twitter with over 131 followers in April 2022.
Right behind Barack is Justin Bieber (@justinbieber) with 114.3 million followers, Katty Perry (@katyperry) with 108.8 million followers, and Rihanna (@rihanna) as the 4th most followed person on Twitter with 106.2 million followers.
11. 79% of Twitter users follow brands
According to statistics from the Twitter Agency Playbook, 79% of users on Twitter don’t just use the platform to follow the news or share what’s happening in their lives. They also follow and keep up with what’s happening with their favorite brands.
12. Twitter users are 53% more likely to be the first to buy new products as compared to the greater online population.
13. 16% of internet users ages 16-64 years use Twitter for brand research.
This demonstrates that users are willing to engage with the platform in the hopes of receiving product or service news, releases, and updates. Consider creating a Twitter account for your company if you don’t already have one.
14. 82% of B2B content marketers use Twitter for organic content marketing.
Many businesses have discovered that Twitter is an effective venue for sharing product news, suggestions, and special deals. It’s crucial to remember that people use Twitter to keep up with the latest news and trends. If you own a company, you should research how your competitors use Twitter to create relationships with potential customers and include relevant trends in their content, and benchmark them.
15. Marketers are 2.3 times more likely to meet their internal Key Performance Indicator(KPI) if Twitter is included in their launch plans.